In The Kitchen With Brent
Almond Cream Recipe
Recipes Chapter 1
3 Typical Italian Pasta
Gym Plan Step 1
Gym Plan Step 2
Gym Plan Step 3
4 Dishes 4 Summer-Fall
Drew's Cocktail For Merry Xmas
Thanx Liang for this very Eastern delicious recipe!
This recipe is under your eyes thanx to Liang, who has to know about original recipes coming from the Great East of the world.
I was really flattered when he posted me this; sadly, I can't put pics up cos I don't have any, but maybe I'll update that soon as well, if he will send it or after I will prepare it in my house.
You, do the same!
Preparation time: 20 mins
Total cooking time: 15 mins
- 3 French shallots
- 500g fresh Hokkien noodles
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped red chillies,
- 1-2 tablespoon red curry paste or commercial
- 350g lean chicken or pork, finely sliced
- 1 carrot, cut into fine, thin strips
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons soft brown sugar
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander leaves
- Basic Dipping sauce for serving
How to make it:
1. Peel and chop the shallots
2. Cook the noodles in a wok or pan of rapidly
boiling water for 2-3 mins until they are just
tender. Drain and keep warm. Heat the oil in a
wok or large frying pan until it is very hot.
Add the shallots, garlic, chillies and curry
paste; stir fry for 2 mins or until fragrant.
Add chicken or pork to wok in 2 batches and cook
for 3 mins or until meat changes colour.
3. Return all meat to wok. Add carrot, fish
sauce and brown sugar to wok; bring to boil.
Divide noodles between serving bowls and mix in
portions of the chicken mixture and spring
onions. Top with coriander leaves. Serve
immediately with basic dipping sauce.
Hint: This dish must be served as soon as it is
cooked or the noodles and vegetables will go
How to Make the Red Curry Paste
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 2 teaspoons dried shrimp paste
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 12 dried or fresh red chillies, roughly chopped
- 1 cup French Shallots, chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 stems lemon grass(white part only), finely
- 12 small cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander roots, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander stems, chopped
- 6 kaffir lime leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated lime rind
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 teaspoon paprika
1. Place the coriander and cumin seeds in a dry
frying pan and heat for 2-3 minutes, shaking
2. Place the roasted spices and peppercorns in a
mortar and pestle or clean coffee grinder and
work them until they are finely ground. Wrap
the shrimp paste in a small amount of foil and
cook under hot grill for 3 minutes, turning
the package twice.
3. Process the ground spices, roasted shrimp
paste, nutmeg and chillies in a food processor
for 5 seconds. Add the remaining ingredients
and process for 20 seconds at a time, scraping
down the sides of the bowl with a spatula each
time, until the mixture forms a smooth paste.
Makes approximately 1 cup.
Courtesy of Liang